BAGS OF ETHICS
Lock & Co. Hatters has been working with Bags of Ethics from Pondicherry in South India for over a decade to help us achieve our goal of eliminating single-use plastic packaging. Bags of Ethics' reusable design has enabled us to switch to a reusable and natural option.
Bags of Ethics products are sustainable in the following ways:
- A pure cotton bag which has been produced using sustainably farmed cotton.
- Use of a variety of cotton weaves, including a luxurious brushed cotton, and a durable heavy weight canvas, that meet the differing requirements of our hat range.
- Printed using non-toxic, water-based inks, which are REACH compliant.
- Inks and water treated to remove effluents and water recycled for use for gardening.
- Double-stitched handles allowing up to 15kg of weight.
- The bags provide a way to carry your hat and are also a good size to repurpose and take with you when you are out and about.
- Longevity – the bag can be reused 5,000+ times.
- Fully compostable in soil.
Ethical and social responsibility:
- 80% of our workforce are women
- We have one of the lowest worker turnovers in the textile industry with many employees staying for over 15 years with the company.
- Our award-winning factory supports the wider community through a variety of training and craft skills programmes.
- Outside of work, the factory team operate as a supportive family – celebrating life milestones from birth, graduations, weddings, anniversaries, world festivals, and beyond.
- Our factory is designed to be energy efficient.
- Water harvesting takes place at the factory.
- Any waste material is repurposed for trims and other product parts.
"Bags of Ethics is delighted to have been a supplier partner to Lock & Co. Hatters in the pledge to eliminate single-use plastic packaging. Protecting our planet requires changes in our daily habits – some can be challenging, and some surprisingly easy."
"Bags of Ethics has been working with Lock & Co. for over a decade on reusable packaging, which is functional, speaks to the brand heritage of Lock & Co., and can be reused by customers for a variety of purposes. The reusable bag has been designed to help you switch from single-use plastic to a reusable, and natural option."
Smruti Sriram, CEO of Supreme Creations & Bags of Ethics